Cork leather is a unique and sustainable material that is becoming increasingly popular due to its environmental benefits and versatility. Cork is harvested from the bark of cork oak trees, which provides a renewable resource without harming the tree. Cork leather has a similar texture and feel to genuine leather, but it is vegan-friendly and water-resistant. In this article, we will discuss the process of waterproofing cork leather and the different ways in which it can be used.
Before waterproofing cork leather, it is important to ensure that it is clean and dry. Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris and let it dry completely. Once the material is ready, apply a thin layer of waterproofing agent to the surface using a sponge or soft brush. The waterproof agents will penetrate the cork and create a protective barrier, preventing water from seeping in. Allow the waterproof agents to dry for several hours, or according to the manufacturer’s instructions, before using the cork leather.
Waterproofing agent tips:– Waterproof agents are generally divided into carbon 8, carbon 6 and fluorine-free waterproofing agents.
– Carbon 8 waterproofing agent is waterproof and oil-proof. It contains 70 to 80 mg of fluorine per square meter. Because the fluorine content exceeds the standard, we refuse to use this type of waterproof sealant.
– Carbon 6 is waterproof and oil-proof. It is less effective than Carbon 8. It contains no more than 2 mg of fluorine per square meter and can be exported.
– Fluorine-free waterproofing agent is fluorine-free and completely environmentally friendly, but it is not oil-proof and has a relatively poor waterproofing effect.
Uses of Cork Leather
Cork leather has many uses due to its unique properties. One of the main benefits is its water resistance, making it an ideal material for products that are exposed to moisture. Here are some of the different ways in which cork leather can be used:
- Bags and accessories: Cork leather is a popular choice for bags, wallets, and other accessories because of its durability and water resistance. It is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional leather, which is often treated with harmful chemicals.
- Shoes: Cork leather is also used to make shoes that are stylish and comfortable. It can be used to make the upper, lining, and insole of shoes, providing excellent breathability and moisture control.
- Furniture: Cork leather is an excellent choice for furniture upholstery because of its durability and natural look. It is also resistant to stains and easy to clean, making it ideal for families with kids or pets.
- Fashion: Cork leather is a popular material in the fashion industry due to its unique texture and sustainability. It can be used to make clothing, hats, and even jewelry.
Cork leather is an sustainable and versatile material that can be used in many different products. By following the waterproofing process, cork leather can be made even more durable and resistant to water. It is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional leather that is becoming increasingly popular due to its unique properties and benefits.
We hope you enjoyed our latest blog post. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service at+86 158 1826 9808 or by email at [email protected].
INFOCORK has over 20 years of expertise in core deep processing and extensive experience. It’s a manufacturer specializing in the production of cork products. It offers wholesale Cork paper products, eco-friendly fabrics, and wholesale natural fabrics. We are an eco-friendly fabric manufacturer.